No. 16

I am seriously considering putting my life on hiatus.  I just need to take a break.  All the shopping, driving around, counting my perfumes, getting my nails done, well, it’s boring me to the seams, and driving me as wild as inmate just let out of prison.  Speaking of prison, some of best friends have launched second careers later in life as white-collar criminals.  I still cherish the memories of them dearly, but let’s just say they should be glad it wasn’t my Swiss bank account they were dipping into.

Diary, someone as beautiful as me once said, “Tomorrow is another day.”  And that’s true.  Maybe tomorrow I won’t feel so down in the Beverly Hills dumps.  Oh yeah, someone broke the front window of my belvedere last week, that’s what’s really getting me down.  It’s unnerving to know that there are little vandals out there running wild and free, like vampires in some pathetic teen franchise.  Or who knows.  Maybe they’re big vandals.  Big and muscular and tall and well-built and...thoughtful.

Well, diary if I don’t abandon ship tomorrow morning it will be a miracle sized medium.  You know, I think that maybe I should start working on my butler murder mystery series, or my cooking-while-you-exercise DVDs.  I’ve put those projects aside for some time now, but they might really serve as a not so abstract pick me up.  I keep trying to meditate, but my mind inevitably drifts to lollipops or lemonade or...well, it does seem to be a lot of "L" things, if we're being honest.