No. 8

Could things have been more excruciatingly awful today?  The lines under my eyes made me look like I’d been held hostage in North Korea for the past nine months, and my hypochondria had a sudden flare up.  Good grief.  Like I need anything else to worry about.

I think I’m going to start collecting antique waste baskets.  Something to spruce up the house without detracting from its already established "gilded birthday cake meets enchanted black forest" ambience.  It’s really starting to feel quite maudlin around here, what with all the flowers and antique vases.  I want something that will fill the place, but not overwhelm and clutter it with a certain morgue-like dread.

Oh, such an endless array of dilemmas.  I’m looking forward to tomorrow though.  We’re going to look at some children in a zoo.  Or, well, I guess it’s not a zoo, but I can’t remember what it’s called.  Somewhere where you can look at little children from like Africa right in front of you, and not just like on the TV or whatever.